6/6/12 Meeting Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
6 June, 2012
Meeting called to order at 2:02pm CDT and adjourned at 2:41pm CDT.
Board Members in Attendance
Attended by: Jared, Sheri, Jay, and Heather via Skype
Absent board members: Neal
To Keep In Mind
- Community outreach with local schools, press, investors, other professionals
- Paid events
- Paid sponsored “recommended professionals” page
- Bringing in a speaker
- Room setup
- Getting More Help
- Volunteers for Techweek
- Volunteers for securing space
- Game Jam in October?
- Money procedures
- IGDA Chicago banner is printed, will be delivered to Jared
- Neal is taking care of securing furniture and sponsorship
- Heather will make a Google Doc for volunteer info.
- Potential mixer at the The Emporium (Jared is working on it.)
- Finance policy
- Forms for board approval.
- Use of funds: event expenses, any other expenses must be approved by the board.
- Google spreadsheet for expense-tracking.
- Create a yearly budget in the fall for the upcoming year.
- Jay will be giving everyone full access to the info at igdachicago email account.
- October Game Jam
- We should do this again.
- Collaborate with Indie City Games or Toy Studio.
- Separate Meeting for Executive List Survey
- Schedule a separate meeting to discuss the results of the survey. (Next week, June 13th.)
- Summit Pass
- Unclaimed pass to IGDA Summit, open to Jared or Neal.
- In-Person Meeting
- During Techweek (June 25th) after 5:30pm expo closing: a dinner meeting.
Heather made a motion to approve the financial policy documents, unanimously approved.
Next Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 at 2pm CDT via Skype.