10/3/12 Meeting Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
3 October, 2012
Meeting called to order at 1:58pm CDT and adjourned at 2:37pm CDT.
Board Members in Attendance
Attended by Jay, Jared, Sheri, Neal, and Heather via Skype.
Absent board members: none.
Make Chicago a game development mecca by bolstering the community: bringing people together, promoting community events, helping game developers make better games, and bringing up the nascent indie community in Chicago.
To Keep in Mind
- Community outreach with local schools, press, investors, other professionals
- Bringing in Money: Paid events, event sponsorships, organization sponsorships
- Bringing in a speaker
- Increasing our volunteer base
- Next Power Dinner
- “Why Live in Chicago” website page
- Chicago Game Jam Post-Mortem
- Chicago “Summer of Arcade” Post-Mortem
- October Event – Scholarships Presentation (Heather)
- November Event – Paid
- December Event – Holiday Party (Jared)
Next Power Dinner
Planning next power dinner, in progress.
“Why Live in Chicago” website
Page in progress. (Jay is on it, will ask for help writing it up)
Chicago Game Jam Post-Mortem
The Game Jam went awesome! The judges were impressed by the quality of the games! Write-up coming soon.
Summer of Arcade
Summer of Arcade event went very well, too. Tons of great feedback!
Reaching out to volunteers for promotion, promoting to schools.
Planning in progress.
Workshops were suggested: encouraging groups/individuals to hold workshops that we would help publicize and market
- we have the precedent on this from Keith Fuller having previously come in for a Project Management workshop the chapter endorsed.
- another chapter did an Unreal workshop, so we could consider doing topic-specific workshops as well